Video on building the drawers:
While half laps might seem like a more “elegant” solution, there’s always more factors to consider:
– Additional set up time to make the more complex cuts,
– Increased risk of making costly mistakes from using a more complex method
– Extra material needed / can’t use up small scraps of plywood to complete the project,
– limited by the tools you have / not practical,
– expectations for the finished product.
These are all things (and others I’ve forgotten already) that I think about before I start the project and decide on a construction method.
You can help support the work I do in making these videos:
Project plans for sale: https://ibuildit.ca/plans/
Support this channel on Patreon:
My main channel:
My home reno channel:
My “Scrap bin” channel: